BERHENTI BEKERJA DEMI KELUARGA
Dilema Perempuan Karir Dalam Perspektif Feminisme
Women generally face a dilemma when they have to choose between work or family. Women must go through long contemplations and experience inner struggles before coming to a decision to choose between the two; keep working or become a housewife. Patriarchal culture, familial ideology, the various consequences that must be faced from a decision, and psychological facts sharpen the dilemma. This paper tries to explore this problem from the perspective of feminism, especially liberal feminism. The focus of the discussion is upper middle class women and is not intended to generalize problems to other socioeconomic classes.
Abdullah,Irwan,Dr. 2006. “Dari Domestik ke Publik: Jalan Panjang Pencarian Identitas Perempuan”, dalam Abdullah, Irwan,Dr, Sangkan Paran Gender, diterbitkan untuk Pusat Penelitian Kependudukan (PPK) UGM, Yogyakarta, Pustaka Pelajar.
Agger, Ben. 2014. Teori Sosial Kritis, Yogyakarta, Kreasi Wacana.
Budiman, A. 1985. Pembagian Kerja secara Seksual, Sebuah Pembahasan Sosiologis tentang Peran Wanita di dalam Masyarakat, Gramedia, Jakarta.
Femina, No.9/XXXI, 27 Februari – 5 Maret 2003
Matlin, W. Margaret. 2004. The Psychology of Women, Wadsworth-Thomson Learning, USA.
Naomi, Intan, Omi. 2006. “Wartawati, Herstory”, dalam Abdullah, Irwan,Dr, Sangkan Paran Gender, diterbitkan untuk Pusat Penelitian Kependudukan (PPK) UGM, Yogyakarta, Pustaka Pelajar
Rahaju, Mulyati & Sumarlan. 2012. “Motivasi Wanita Bekerja dan Pengaruhnya terhadap Kontribusi Pendapatan Keluarga”, Ekomaks, Volume 1 No. 2, September 2012, hal. 80-94.
Ritzer & Goodman. 2014. Teori Sosiologi, Dari Teori Sosiologi Klasik Sampai Perkembangan Mutakhir Teori Sosial Postmodern, Yogyakarta, Kreasi Wacana.
Tong, Rosmarie Putnam. 2008. Feminist Thought, Yogyakarta, Jalasutra.
Copyright (c) 2020 Translitera : Jurnal Kajian Komunikasi dan Studi Media
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License