KAJIAN DESAIN KARAKTER PADA BUKU “HERITAGE OF EAST JAVA” SEBAGAI DAYA TARIK VISUAL
Tourism in East Java has a huge potential and need to be introduced to the wider community. To increase the user knowledge about tourism potential, we need media that can be utilized and can be reached by all groups. Illustration book is one of alternative media that can be applied. Books are media that can be interesting for children, especially because they are equipped with interesting illustrations, the using of bright color and the cuteness of character design. The use of character designs in this illustration book is a visual attraction. This research method uses descriptive qualitative method explains the character study in terms of several aspects, including iconic characters, the use of colors, the cuteness aspects of character design. This study produced a character design plan that was applied to the Heritage of East Java illustration book on the introduction of local culture in East Java. It is expected that the existence of character designs can facilitate the conveying of messages to users other than that it is expected to increase user knowledge of tourism in East Java
BPS Statistic. 2018. Provinsi Jawa Timur Dalam Angka 2018. Updated 24 Juli 2019. https://jatim.bps.go.id/publication.html?Publikasi%5BtahunJudul%5D=2018&Publikasi%5BkataKunci%5D=jawa+timur+dalam+angka&yt0=Tampilkan
Brookshire, J. 2002. The Influence of Illustrations in Children’s Book Preferences and Comprehension. Journal Reading Psycology, 23 (4), pp. 323-339.
Chaudhri, A., & Reale, W.H. 2013. Stories of Multicultural Experiences in Literature for Children Age 9014. Children’s Literature in Education, 44 (4), pp. 359-376.
Koss, M.D. 2015. Diversity in Contemporary Picturebooks: A Content Analysis. Journal of Children’s Literature, 41 (1), pp. 32-42.
Kricfalusi, John (2008). Character Design – What Makes Lasting Iconic Character. http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2008/09/for-karen-what-makes-lasting-iconic.html, diakses 20 Desember 2019.
Luo, Yang & Lin Yuewu. 2017. Effects of Illustration Types on the English Reading Performance of Senior High School Students with Different Cognitive Styles. English Language Teaching, Vol. 10, No.9, pp. 1-10.
Ramadhana, Avisenna, dkk. 2016. Kajian Daya Tarik Visual pada Desain Karakter Pokemon. Wimba, Jurnal Komunikasi Visual & Multimedia Vol 5, No 2, pp. 93-105
Riyadi, Tunjung, dkk. 2016. Character Design to Support Socialization of The Urban Forest Existence in Jakarta. Jurnal Humaniora Vol 7 No. 3 July 2016, pp. 371-379
Roskos, Kathleen, dkk. 2009. Investigating Analytic Tolls for e-Book Design in Early Literacy Learning. Journal of Interactive Online Learning Vol. 8 No. 3, pp 218-240.
Yeom, Eun Yong. 2018. How Visual Thingking Strategies Using Picture Book Images can Improve Korena Secondary EFL Students L2 Writing. English Teaching Vol 73, No.1, pp.23-47
Copyright (c) 2019 Translitera : Jurnal Kajian Komunikasi dan Studi Media
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License