War on Twitter as a Digital Marketing Communication Strategy
(Electronic Word-of-Mouth Social Network Analysis of Dr. Martens' Products on Twitter)
War on Twitter is a type of social network that is closely related to word-of-mouth marketing communication strategies. The war over #StopLyingDocmart which was popular on 13-16 May 2022 had a good image impact on Dr Martens or Docmart shoe products. This study analyzes social networks and interactions formed through Twitter regarding Docmart products.
Bakry, G. N., & Kusmayadi, I. M. (2021). Peran Pers Sebagai Aktor Gerakan Digital Tagar #SolidaritasUntukNTT di Twitter. Jurnal Kajian Jurnalisme, 5 (1), 98-114
Bakry, G. N. (2020). Struktur Jaringan Pengguna Twitter dengan Tagar# Bandunglawancovid19. Jurnal Komunikasi Global, 9 (2), 209-229
Cho, J., Lei, J., Tan, H., & Bansal, M. (2021, July). Unifying vision-and-language tasks via text generation. In International Conference on Machine Learning (pp. 1931-1942). PMLR.
Dr. Martens. (2022, June 9). About Us | History. Dr. Martens. Retrieved June 9, 2022, from https://www.drmartens.com/uk/en_gb/history
Dr Martens Indonesia. (2022, June 9). Dr Martens Indonesia (@DocmartID). Twitter. Retrieved June 9, 2022, from https://twitter.com/docmartid
Jansen, B., Zhang, M., Sobel, K., & Chowdury, A. (2009). Twitter Power: Tweets as Electronic Word of Mouth. Journal Of The American Society For Information Science And Technology, 60 (11), 2169-2188.
Kemp, S. (2022, February 15). Digital 2022: Indonesia — DataReportal – Global Digital Insights. DataReportal. Retrieved June 9, 2022, from https://datareportal.com/reports/digital-2022-indonesia
Leung, X., Bai, B., & Stahura, K. (2015). The Marketing Effectiveness of Social Media in The Hotel Industry: A Comparison of Facebook and Twitter. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research, 39(2), 147-169.
McQuail, D., & Deuze, M. (2019). McQuail's Media and Mass Communication Theory (D. McQuail, Ed.). SAGE Publications, Limited.
Syaukat, Y. (2011). The impact of climate change on food production and security and its adaptation programs in Indonesia. J. ISSAAS, 17(1), 40-51.
Copyright (c) 2023 Translitera : Jurnal Kajian Komunikasi dan Studi Media
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License