THE INFLUENCE OF RIA RICIS'S YOUTUBE CONTENT ON NETIZENS' VERBAL AGGRESSION
More and more content creators have begun creating YouTube videos in Indonesia. One of Indonesia's famous YouTubers is named Ria Ricis. The popularity of Ria Ricis on YouTube has brought many subscribers to her. One of the Ria Ricis videos that this research focuses on was a video entitled "24 Hours of the Same as Cimoy The Discovers of Everything" The 12-minute 7-second video shows the content of questions and answers by presenting a guest star, Cimoy Montok, named Nuraini or more familiarly. Many responded positively to the video in the comment column, starting with praise and suggestions made by networkers. However, some commentaries from networkers that contained negative blasphemy, insults, mockery, provocation, etc., have been discovered. These comments contain verbal aggression elements. Verbal aggression is verbal aggression like scolding, screaming, using nonsense or harsh words that hurt things. With this research, researchers attempted to determine the effect of Ria Ricis YouTube content on netizen verbal aggression. This study uses a positive paradigm with a quantitative approach to research. In this study, the research method and type of explanatory research are used. Furthermore, the theory of stimulus-response (S-R) is used. Hypothesis tests were performed using a t-test. The results indicate that results from 8,423> t table 1,984 and regression analyses from 0,648 demonstrated strong relationships between x and y variables and showed the influence of the x and y variable. It is therefore stated that Ria Ricis' YouTube video content affects netizen's verbal aggression.
Anshori, M., & Iswati, S. (2009). Buku Ajar Metodologi Penelitian Kuantitatif. Surabaya: Pusat Penerbitan dan Percetakan UNAIR (AUP).
Chamberlain, D. (2010). YouTube: Online Video and Participatory Culture, by Jean Burgess and Joshua Green. Journal Popular Communication, 8(1), 96–98. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1080/15405700903502312
Delliana, A. S., & Wibowo, A. M. (2019). Bigo Live: Ethical Degradation in Communication (A Critical Study of Communication in a Computer- Mediated Communication Perspective). In Proceedings of the Tarumanagara International Conference on the Applications of Social Sciences and Humanities (TICASH 2019). Atlantis Press. https://doi.org/https://dx.doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.200515.015
Jayani, D. H. (2019). 10 Media Sosial yang Paling Sering Digunakan di Indonesia. Retrieved from https://databoks.katadata.co.id/datapublish/2020/02/26/10-media-sosial-yang-paling-sering-digunakan-di-indonesia
Kriyantono, R. (2020). Teknik Praktis RisetKomunikasi Kuantitatif dan Kualitatif (2nd ed.). Jakarta: Prenadamedia Group.
Liliweri, A. (2017). Komunikasi Antar Personal. Jakarta: Prenada Media Group.
Permatasari, I. A., & Wijaya, J. H. (2019). Implementasi Undang-Undang Informasi dan Transaksi Elektronik Dalam Penyelesaian Masalah Ujaran Kebencian Pada Media Sosial. Jurnal Penelitian Pers Dan Komunikasi Pembangunan, 23(1), 27–41. Retrieved from http://download.garuda.ristekdikti.go.id/article.php?article=1539357&val=14475&title=IMPLEMENTASI UNDANG-UNDANG INFORMASI DAN TRANSAKSI ELEKTRONIK DALAM PENYELESAIAN MASALAH UJARAN KEBENCIAN PADA MEDIA SOSIAL
Ricis, R. (2019a). 24 JAM SAMA CIMOY KEBONGKAR SEMUA.. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhH63T2yxqg
Ricis, R. (2019b). Ricis Official. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4tS4Q_Cno5JVcIUXxQOOpA
Siregar, S. (2013). Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif: Dilengkapi Dengan Perbandingan Perhitungan Manual & SPSS. Jakarta: Kencana Prenada Media Group.
Sugiyono. (2017). Metode Penelitian Kualitatif. Bandung: Alfabeta.
Websindo. (2019). Indonesia Digital 2019: Media Sosial. Retrieved from https://websindo.com/indonesia-digital-2019-media-sosial/
Copyright (c) 2022 Translitera : Jurnal Kajian Komunikasi dan Studi Media
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License