THE ROLE OF THE POLICE IN EFFORTS TO HANDLE CAROK IN THE TRADITION OF CONFLICT RESOLUTION IN BANGKALAN COMMUNITIES IN MADURA (CASE STUDY IN BANGKALAN POLRES, MADURA)
Indonesia is a country that upholds the principle of the rule of law. State law is something that must be obeyed by everyone without exception. But in the existing reality, state law, especially criminal law, is not enforced on an indigenous community because society has made an existing tradition a law or regulation that is used as an effort to solve problems even though this tradition conflicts with Indonesian criminal law. The Criminal Code (KUHP) is a guide in resolving conflicts that exist in people's lives. In this case, the role of the police as law enforcement officers must be maximized and synergize with the community so that they can adapt to existing traditions in society which in the future are expected to be able to provide a middle way for a conflict between public law, namely criminal law and traditions still held by some circles of society.
Manan, B. (2003). Dasar-Dasar Sistem Ketatanegaraan Indonesia Menurut UUD 1945. Bandung: Makalah.
Dewi, K., & Arifin, R. (2018). Tinjauan Teoritis Keadilan dan Kepastian dalam Hukum di Indonesia. Mimbar Yustitia, 2(2), 143.
Afif, M. (2018). Penemuan Hukum oleh Hakim terhadap Kasus Carok Akibat Sengketa Tanah dalam Masyarakat Madura. Soumatera Law Review, 1(2), 299.
Suhaidi, M. (2021). Hermeunitika Madura. Solok: Insan Cendekia Mandiri.
Moelyatno. (1993). Asas-Asas Hukum Pidana. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
Cahyono. (2019). Model Mediasi Penal dalam Penanggulangan Konflik Kekerasan (Carok) Masyarakat Madura berdasarkan Local Wisdom. Yogyakarta: Deepublish.
Wiyata, A. L. (2002). Carok: Konflik Kekerasan dan Harga Diri Orang Madura. Yogyakarta: LKIS.
Subaharianto, A. (2004). Tantangan Industrialisasi Madura: Membentur Kultur Menjunjung Leluhur. Malang: Bayumedia Publishing.
Rokhayanto, & Marsuki. (2015). Sikap Masyarakat Madura Terhadap Tradisi Caro: Studi Fenomenologi Nilai-Nilai Budaya Masyarakat Madura. El Harakah, 17(1), 75.
Prasetyo, D. (2021). Aksara Presisi membangun Polri: Kolaborasi Pemikiran Teknokrat Kepolisian. Depok: RajaGrafindo Persada.
Wicaksono, A. (2023, Februari 2). (D. Firmansyah, Interviewer)
Syamsuri, A. (2022, Desember 23). (D. Firmansyah, Interviewer)
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License