THE USE OF ENGLISH MOVIES ON IMPROVING STUDENTS’ INTEREST IN LEARNING ENGLISH AT SMP NEGERI 2 NGUNUT
In language learning, technology is an attractive media to the students, along with the development of the information technology, teacher should build up the learning process to be more interesting. Learning language successfully depends on many factors. One of the factors is interest of the learners themselves. Interest is an attitude favorably disposing and motivating one toward some objects, situations or idea. It relates to the activity which makes the learners to be involved in language learning process. In teaching English, teacher should conduct some techniques communicatively to build students ’ interest in learning process. Films are closed related to students ’ life. Younger likes watching movies or films. So, teacher can use films as the media in teaching English. It also can attract students to have high participation during learning process. Watching English movies can also be used as a technique to improve students ’ interest. It is not only improving students ’ interest, but also improving their achievement.
Keywords : English Movie, Learning Interest.
Received: 6 February, 2017; Accepter: 15 March, 2017
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License