QUALITY OF LISTENING TEST VALIDITY OF THE NATIONAL LEAVING EXAM FOR SMA
This study reports quality of content validity of items of listening test of National Leaving Exam for SMA in Samarinda is constructed. The quality was identified from task coverage, item difficulty, objective of item, and test format. This study used content analysis with qualitative design. The study revealed that content validity revealed three major findings. Task coverage is dominated by the first and the second year of SMA (8 items are from first year, 8 items are from second year, and 4 items are from third year of SMA). Of 20 items, 9 (45%) are easy, 7 (35%) moderate, 4 (2o%) hard. The questions in the items are specified into 9 (45%) general, 5 (25%) comprehension, 4 (20%) application, and 2 (10%) analysis. The analysis on the Table of Specification reconstructed from the English listening test showed that the test has low content validity.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License