DEVELOVING CHARACTER EDUCATION WITH REFERENCE TO ISLAMIC PERSPECTIVE: A CONCEPTUAL REVIEW
The paper focuses on the description of how character education is effectively developed and implemented. Using qualitative descriptive method, the writer presents efforts for character education in various countries and synrthesizes to formulate a proposed effective character education system. Character education in Indonesia has been the priority and the implentation is mandated to be included in all subject matters through curriculair and extra-curriculair activities. Effective practical implementation must be taken care off. The suggestive development and implementation of the character education include the strenghtenning of being valued people as in ikhsan, being good creatures of Allah as in Iman, and being able to do good deeds and moral action in the community as in Islam. These can be done through academic lessons, habituations, creativity-action and services. Character development is suggested to be internalized in the wholistic education system by developing the whole students ’ potential through various active learnings and habituation.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License