MAKING BIODIESEL FROM RAW MATERIALS CPO (CRUDE PALM OIL) TRENCHES WITH DEGUMMING METHOD AND ANALYSIS BASED ON SNI 04-7182-2006
Palm oil liquid waste or waste processing CPO (Crude Palm Oil) commonly called CPO (Crude Palm Oil) trenches are very potential to be processed into biodiesel. At the moment, CPO (CPO trenches) processing waste is only considered as waste that pollutes the environment and is not of economic value. If left continuously, palm oil liquid waste that has a pH of 4.2 (acidic) will cause problems for the environment if disposed of directly. One form of utilization of CPO trenches that can be done is by converting it into biodiesel. The manufacture of biodiesel from CPO trenches uses transesterification reactions such as the manufacture of biodiesel in general, with pretreatment to lower the acid figures in the CPO trenches. Biodiesel was obtained later in the analysis of quality standards based on SNI 04-7182-2006 and obtained results that meet the requirements for four parameters, namely the content of FFA samples before the transesterification process is 1.82%. Tan biodiesel content of 0.3055 mg KOH/g. The content of free glycerol is 0.0198% and the total glycerol is 0.0884%.
Ardiani Dwi, Setya wardhani, Martutik, Wahyuni. Pengaruh Rasio Methanol/Minyak Terhadap Parameter Kecepatan Reaksi Metanolisis Minyak Jelantah dan Angka Setana Biodiesel. Jurusan Teknik Kimia Fakultas Teknik UNS.
Abdul Kahar. Kinetika Metanolisis Berkatalisis Asam Pada Pre-treatment Biodiesel Dari Minyak Jelantah Berkadar Asam Lemak Bebas (ALB) Tinggi. FTU Rumul Keahlian Energi dan Sistem Proses Teknologi Kimia.
Khopkar, S.M. 2010. Konsep Dasar Kimia Analitik. Jakarta : Universitas Indonesia.
Kurnia, Jonathan, dan Bakhtiar, Rahma. Pdf. Sintesis Monolaurin dari Gliserol dan Asam Laurat melalui Reaksi Esterifikasi. Bandung: Institut Teknologi Bandung, diunduh pada tanggal 27 November 2019.
Retnowati, Prisccilla. 2008. Seribu Pena KIMIA. Semrang : Penerbit Erlangga.
Suharjana, Moh. 2002. Kimia Analisis Kuantitatif. Jakarta : Departemen Pendidikan Nasional.
Suharyanto. 2007. Pemanfaatan Minyak Jelantah Kelapa Sawit : perbedaan Minyak Jelantah Kelapa Sawit Makanan Fast Food (Cepat Saji) dan Pecel Lele. Bogor : Universitas Nusa Bangsa
Sundhari, Desiana. 2011. Pembuatan dan Analisa Biodiesel dari Bahan Baku Minyak Jelantah. Tasikmalaya : SMK Bina Putera Nusantara.
Winarno, F. G. 1992. Kimia Pangan dan Gizi. Jakarta : PT Gramedia Pustaka.
Copyright (c) 2021 JARES (Journal of Academic Research and Sciences)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License