DEVELOPING SINGLE SIGN ON (SSO) WEB APPLICATIONS USING CLOUD IDENTITY
(CASE STUDY: POLITEKNIK NEGERI TANAH LAUT)
Politeknik Negeri Tanah Laut has several web-based systems that have been implemented. The systems built are still standalone and not yet integrated, so users must have different accounts on each system. Users must remember each account to access the system and for security reasons users usually change their passwords regularly. This Password change process will take a long time considering that every change made is directly proportional to the number of existing systems. Therefore we need a system that can integrate user accounts and manage the authentication and authorization process. This process requires an additional server that acts as a liaison between the system integrator and the application service system. The purpos of this research is to create an innovative system that can handle all authentication and authorization of each application system and is known as the Single Sign On (SSO) system. So that the benefits of research from the existence of a Single Sign On system, users only by using one user account can access many systems without entering repeated Usernames and passwords. In practice, user account data is retrieved from Cloud Identity via Secure LDAP, then user data is managed by the RADIUS Server and distributed to existing application service systems. The research has been successfully carried out and implemented on a website owned by the Politeknik Negeri Tanah Laut, with the implementation of Single Sign On, login to the website only by using the same Username and password.
J. De Clercq, “Single sign-on architectures,” in International Conference on Infrastructure Security, 2002, pp. 40–58.
H. Yuliansyah, “Dan Otorisasi Untuk Proses Login Multi Aplikasi Web,” Semin. Nas. Inform. 2011, vol. 2011, no. semnasIF, pp. 17–23, 2011.
A. H. Muttaqin, A. F. Rochim, and E. D. Widianto, “Sistem Otentikasi Hotspot Menggunakan LDAP dan RADIUS pada Jaringan Internet Wireless Prodi Teknik Sistem Komputer,” J. Teknol. dan Sist. Komput., vol. 4, no. 2, p. 282, 2016, doi: 10.14710/jtsiskom.4.2.2016.282-288.
S. Qidri, M. Asfi, R. Taufiq, and M. Hatta, “Pengelolaan Hak Akses User Jaringan Menggunakan FreeRADIUS Untuk Login Jaringan,” J. Sains dan Inform., vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 183–192, 2020.
G. Guntoro and M. Fikri, “Perancangan Aplikasi Single Sign-On Menggunakan Otentikasi Gambar,” Digit. Zo. J. Teknol. Inf. dan Komun., vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 12–21, 2018, doi: 10.31849/digitalzone.v9i1.648.
LDAP, “LDAP,” 2021. https://ldap.com/ (accessed Oct. 01, 2021).
R. C. Satriawan, “PENGEMBANGAN SISTEM OTENTIKASI SINGLE SIGN ON MENGGUNAKAN PROTOCOL LDAP (LIGHTWEIGHT DIRECTORY ACCESS PROTOCOL).” University of Muhammadiyah Malang, 2017.
R. Ramadhan and D. A. Kurnia, “Otentikasi User Secara Terpusat Menggunakan FreeRADIUS Dalam Upaya Mengoptimalkan Jaringan Hotspot,” J. ICT Inf. Commun. Technol., vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 17–22, 2016.
FreeRADIUS, “FreeRADIUS,” 2021. https://freeRADIUS.org/ (accessed Oct. 01, 2021).
R. Sandhu and P. Samarati, “Authentication, access control, and audit,” ACM Comput. Surv., vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 241–243, 1996.
Copyright (c) 2021 Antivirus : Jurnal Ilmiah Teknik Informatika
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License