DESIGN OF AUTOMATIC CAT FEEDER USING NODEMCU MICROCONTROLLER BASED ON INTERNET OF THING (IoT)
The implementation and utilization of the Internet of Things in the world of electronics have been very numerous and are still growing. The function of the IoT itself is to simplify human work, monitor various equipment remotely, and increase the effectiveness of tools. In this study, a tool was made to monitor and provide feed to pet cats that can be accessed remotely by the user. The background of making this tool is due to several things in cat maintenance activities, such as irregular feeding schedules, difficulty controlling pet development, difficulty controlling feed availability, difficulty calculating feed requirements, and frequent breeders doing other activities or work outside the home. The method used in this research is the Research and Development method. The advantage or performance of this tool lies in the combination of several automatic functions which include feeding and notification. The combination of some of these functions includes the existence of a NodeMCU microcontroller that is integrated with the internet network, and this automation tool can provide real time feed by utilizing the RTC component which can set the time when the feed will be given. Users will also get direct notifications via Foxpush without having to open a web page to find out whether the feed has been completed or not. After performing various tests, the average success rate of the whole system was 68%.
Grimmett, Richard. 2014. Arduino Robotic Projects Build Awesome And Complex Robots With The Power Of Arduino. Birmingham: Packt Publishing.
Junaidi, Apri. 2015. Internet Of Things, Sejarah, Teknologi Dan Penerapannya : Review. Jurnal Ilmiah Teknologi Informasi Terapan, I (3): 62 – 66.
Santoso, Hari. 2017. Monster Arduino 2 Panduan Praktis Belajar Arduino Untuk Pemula. Malang: Elang Sakti.
Sugiyono. 2016. Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif, Kualitatif dan R&D. Bandung : Alfabeta.
Copyright (c) 2020 Antivirus : Jurnal Ilmiah Teknik Informatika
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License