THE ANALYSIS OF ENGLISH REQUIREMENT FOR SHARIAH ECONOMIC STUDENTS
The aim of this study to determine the analysis of English needs for shariah economic department. Based on the objectives of students who focus on analyze targets and learning requirement. The subjects of this study were students of the Department of Islamic Economics STAI Diponegoro Tulungagung. The method in this research uses qualitative methods. Data collection methods were obtained from questionnaires, interviews, and documentation. The results of the study in the form of a target analysis show that the goal of learning English for students in Islamic economics department be able to communicate using English actively. The results of the analysis of learning needs obtained are students needed the ability to speak directly and communicatively in order to prepare themselves to meet the demands of their profession in the future. It is shows that the desires of speaking students’ ability (speaking) it is very accordance with the needs of the job market which requires the ability to communicate in English well. The results of this reference are expected to be a reference for preparing syllabus and learning material.
Ali, H. I. H., & Salih, A. R. A.(2013). Percieved Views of Language Teachers on the Use of Needs Analysis in ESP Material Writing. English Language Teaching, 6(3)
Boroujeni, S. A., & Fard, F. M. (2013). A Needs Analysis of English for Specific Purposes (ESP) Course For Adoption Of Communicative Language Teaching. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention, 2(6)
Frendo, E. (2012). On the Importance Of Needs Analysis. Retrieved from www.pearsonlongmsn.com/.../pdf/articles/On_the_importance_of_needs_analysis.pdf
Haque, N.(2014). A Brief Study on Need Analysis. Express, an International Journal of Multi Disciplinary Research,1 (1)
Nur’Aini, I. (2016) Needs Analysis in English to Specific Purposes for Nursdents at Malang Distric. Paper prsented at the 2nd NEDS Proceedings.
Otilia, S. M. (2015). Need Analysis in English for Spesific Purposes. Annals of the onstantin Brancusi, 1(2)
Yalden, Janice. 1987. Principles of Course Design for Language Teaching. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
Copyright (c) 2019 JARES (Journal of Academic Research and Sciences)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License