DESIGNING AN INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR STUDENT ATTENDANCE RECORDING WITH QR CODE TECHNOLOGY
QR Code use in society has been growing lately. The trend provides ideas for applying it to the system in higher education. The use of smartcards to record student attendance, which has been available for a long time at the STMIK LIKMI campus, needs improvement which is not too dependent on hardware such as card readers. The purpose of this research is to develop an attendance recording information system using QR Code technology.
The development of the QR Code-based student attendance recording system was carried out using a prototyping model and object-oriented approach. Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams are used to help model the system. The implementation process on the server side and client side is carried out after going through the analysis and planning process. On the server side, a web service system is developed that functions to provide data or resources to the client. On the client side, a desktop application is developed which will be installed in the classroom to display the QR Code and a mobile application that will be used by two types of users, namely lecturers and students. Applications in the attendance recording system are then tested using the blackbox method.
This research resulted in an attendance recording information system that includes a desktop application and a mobile application. Mobile application users can record their attendance by simply scanning the QR Code provided in accordance with the relevant lecture sessions. Both application platforms can be integrated by implementing a web service through internet connection.
D. Kavanaugh, “Will QR Codes Make a Comeback in 2019?,” 2018. [Online]. Tersedia: https://blog.globalwebindex.com/trends/qr-codes-2019/.
STMIK LIKMI, “MPI CARD (MULTI PURPOSE IDENTITY CARD),” 2018. [Online]. Tersedia: https://stmiklikmi.ac.id/2018/08/19/mpi-card-multi-purpose-identity-card/.
APJII, “Buletin APJII”, edisi ke-23. Jakarta: APJII, 2018.
T. Sutabri, “Konsep Sistem Informasi”. Yogyakarta: Penerbit Andi, 2012.
J. O’Brien dan G. Marakas, “Introduction to Information Systems”, edisi ke-15. New York: McGraw-Hill/Irwin, 2010.
R. S. Pressman dan B. R. Maxim, “Software Engineering: A Practitioner’s Approach”, edisi ke-8. New York: McGraw-Hill Education, 2015.
C. Aktaş, “The Evolution and Emergence of QR Codes”, edisi pertama. Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2017.
A. Espejel-Trujillo, I. Castillo-Camacho, M. Nakano-Miyatake, dan H. Perez-Meana, “Identity Document Authentication Based on VSS and QR Codes,” Procedia Technol., vol. 3, hal. 241–250, 2012, DOI: 10.1016/j.protcy.2012.03.026.
T. Brabazon, M. Winter, dan B. Gandy, “Digital Wine: How QR Codes Facilitate New Markets for Small Wine Industries”, edisi pertama Singapore: Springer Singapore, 2014.
M. Masse, “REST API Design Rulebook”, edisi pertama. Massachusetts: O’Reilly Media, 2011.
Google, “Platform Architecture.” [Online]. Tersedia: https://developer.android.com/guide/platform.
Copyright (c) 2020 Antivirus : Jurnal Ilmiah Teknik Informatika
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License